Assetz ® Property Investment Fund Management
About Assetz Fund Management
Assetz® Fund Management Ltd is the property investment adviser to a regulated fund manager for a series of new and innovative property investment funds (Property Unit Trusts and Limited Partnerships). The first fund was launched late in 2005 and ready for the expanding SIPP market in April 2006.
The wider property investment opportunities presented by diversified property investment funds are of great interest to professional real-estate investors. In addition, now that SIPP and SSAS pension funds can invest in residential property via property funds, many professional investors will be setting up a SIPP or investing further funds into existing ones to gain exposure to this asset class.
Rather than invest in one or two properties directly, Assetz Fund Management believes that a spread of investments via a number of diversified property funds with an entry level from just £5000 each, provides the investor better risk diversification, an expert fund management team and the potential to invest a proportion of assets into property as their financial adviser would suggest is prudent.
The key benefits that our funds and syndicates will have over traditional funds available are :
- Investment entry level from just £5000 for SIPP/ SSAS investors (£25,000 for private equity investors)
- Residential property funds are now available as well as commercial property funds.
- Zero tax in most cases for UK SIPP/ SSAS investors on UK property funds that are not deemed to be trading (subject to change, please seek advice)
- Higher gearing levels similar to those that would be utilised by professional property investors - unlike most funds where minimal gearing is permitted. Higher gearing increases risk but also increases the potential for large returns as enjoyed in direct property investment
- Each fund has a panel of market leading professional advisers chosen for their expertise in property investment and property management, and their legal and financial skills
- Investment by some of the funds in more entrepreneurial property structures and ventures delivering greater potential returns along with the accompanying risk - including developer funding, obtaining planning permission on land and property development funding
- Risk management utilising the latest interest rate hedging tools and the latest property derivatives markets in selected funds
- Access to overseas property markets otherwise out of reach to many investors for knowledge, finance or time reasons
- Performance related fees meaning that the funds have unprecedentedly low fee structures unless they perform well - a strong incentive for Assetz Fund Management, the fund advisers, to buy well and manage well
These funds, for which Assetz Fund Management is the property adviser and strategy designer, are designed to satisfy the needs of property investors recognising the value, and associated risk, of geared property investment. Unlike normal Authorised Unit Trusts with little or no borrowing, Assetz has designed a number of geared funds that emulate direct property investment in terms of borrowing but combined with sophisticated strategies for risk management, a highly experienced team of property consultants and, of course, a large and diversified portfolio.
"What you would invest in directly, if only you had the time"
The funds have also been designed to attract zero taxation for tax exempt investors such as SIPPs and SSASs, where possible, and are also attractively wrapped as a Limited Partnership for private equity and corporate onshore and offshore investors.
Should the funds be confirmed as suitable for your investment needs by a regulated adviser, they would be of interest to existing buy-to-let investors looking for diversification, high-net-worth or sophisticated investors (and their wealth managers) looking for hands-off property investments and institutional investors seeking more entrepreneurial funds as part of their investment strategy.
Please visit the following pages regarding the different types of funds, collective investments and syndicates offered by the Assetz group of companies, or its partners:
Assetz Fund Management Limited (A sister company of Assetz plc)
23 Berkeley Square
Funds operated and managed by an FSA regulated investment manager.
Please take time to read